OpenITG Alpha 7 - Change Log
OpenITG, alpha 7 - July 11th, 2008
This one's been a while in the making, but it'll hopefully prove to be worth the wait. This is the first build that's really expanding on ITG's features, and it also includes some optimizations for PC users as well.
First up, we have more arcade-accurate input debounce logic. It behaves well, but might cause problems - if you have any troubles, contact us. The loading of custom songs can be cancelled by pressing "Select" or "MenuLeft+MenuRight"
- no more of that dangerous USB drive pulling. Also, while the code needs clean-up, there is basic support for lights-cabinet charts in themed .SM files.
Linux finally supports full-screen, with one very nasty problem - it doesn't resize my desktop back to normal afterwards, unless I use Alt+F4 to close it. Use at your own risk, and keep Ctrl+Alt+Backspace handy.
If you have any questions about any of the changes, or how to use them, drop us a line over AIM or the BoXoRRoXoRs forums. I can't really sum up how to use everything in this post without quite a bit of typing.
(P.S.: Tournament mode is being worked on. Poke through the source code and see for yourself what's going on, if you're so inclined.)
-Preliminary, hacky lights-cabinet support in theme SM files
-Barebones work on tournament mode (it's still a while away)
-New LUA functions:
- Newer, more ITG-like input debouncing (half-working...)
- "Select" or "MenuLeft+MenuRight" cancels custom song loading
- Linux joystick driver is now threaded (and supports DebugUSBInput)
- X11 input code backported from 4.0
-New LUA globals:
- IsUsingMemoryCard(PlayerNumber) - self-explanatory
- Debug() - output debugging lines regardless of log settings
-New (major) code functions:
- "OPENITG" (boolean) - can be used for compatibility with ITG2 AC scripts
- "CardReadyP1", "CardReadyP2" - played when a card is verified ready
-New config options:
- "SoundVolumeAttract" - volume during attract sequences
- "ThreadedLights" - run the lights outside the regular game loop, more accurate
- "UseUnstablePIUIODriver" - set true to use the experimental I/O driver
- "SoundVolumeAttract" - set volume during attract sequence
- "CompareScores" (ScreenGameplay) - manually set whether to compare or not
- "OptionsList" (ScreenSelectMusic) - add a side panel to change options
- instead of the old options menu
- "ScreenExitCommand" - Functions as ScreenExit, but with the ability to launch an executable file before exiting. Must have 'ExecPath' and 'ExecParams' in the metrics entry
- BGCHANGES2 charts don't play properly
- Timer is stuck at 0 if timer runs out on "Chance"
- "nomines" and "nostretch" transforms have no effect in the editor menu
- (OpenGL) Arrow shader fails on full-screen, causing scrolling brackets
- Actor sounds ignore attract sound settings
- After switching themes, OpenITG crashes on the songwheel
- Theme switching sometimes causes failed asserts
- Phantom input when canceling custom song loads
- ScreenArcadeStart loops endlessly until manual exit
-Code structure changes:
- Removed some personalized testing code
- Removed some annoying opendir() error messages
- "MiscITG" moved to "DiagnosticsUtil"